The Transforming Power of Christ
View more videos to how God is changing the lives of those who live in the Lincoln Village Community.
Give Hope, Donate Now
Thank you for helping us advance God’s kingdom here in Lincoln Village!
Lincoln Village Ministry | Huntsville AL
Just a few miles from the most expensive houses in the inner city of Huntsville AL were men, women, and children surviving without the basic necessities. No running water or electricity. Plumbing didn’t work and floors were rotted from leaking pipes. Children had broken toys and went to bed hungry. A man with a heart for this inner city neighborhood stepped into the home of a little girl and her mother. That visit opened the man’s eyes and eventually a community’s eyes to the great need in their midst: the need for Christ.
Lincoln Village Ministries is the product of one man’s call to action. The call has spread all over the city of Huntsville to pour out the hope and love of Jesus Christ into the Lincoln community.
Lincoln Academy | Lincoln Village Ministry
About Lincoln Academy
Lincoln Academy is a private Christian school serving 81 children K-8th grade. Lincoln Academy seeks to provide a high quality, Christ-centered education to K-8 students who are zoned to public Title I schools. We have a devoted faculty, staff, and administration who work to help all students achieve their maximum potential. It is our commitment to provide academic content, character-building opportunities and spiritual guidance in a small, Christian environment.
We believe that:
- All children are created in the image of God.
- Academic excellence brings glory and honor to God.
- The teachers and principal are positive role models for walking with the Lord, showing God’s grace.
- Children should take part in engaging and challenging conversations about the Lord, through devotion and prayer time.
- An environment that is loving and nurturing is conducive to growing lifelong learners and pursuers of God.
- Students should be engaged in a way that will encourage leadership beyond the walls of the school. Lincoln Academy students will be prepared to go into the world and be agents of change and peace for the future.
Inspiration at Lincoln Academy
Lincoln Academy Scholarships | Inner City School
Our Lincoln Academy students receive scholarships based on income. The scholarships are granted from “RocketSGO”and “Scholarships for Kids” which are state scholarship granting organizations. Scholarships may only be granted on behalf of students who meet the eligibility requirements of the Accountability Act:
- The student is a member of a household whose total annual income meets the requirements of the Accountability Act.
- The student was eligible to attend a public school in the preceding semester or is starting school in Alabama for the first time.
- The student resides in Alabama.
Accredited by AdvancED
How Are Students Accepted To Lincoln Academy? When Do You Accept Applications?
Potential students must qualify financially according to guidelines determined by the SGO. Then your family must complete an application and interview process. Applications for next school year will be available January/February of each year. Income limit requirements:
|Number in household||Income Limit|
Where Do Lincoln Academy Graduates Go To High School?
The Lincoln Launch program works with Lincon’s 8th graders to make them aware of the different opportunities for both public and private schools. Parents of graduates can apply for scholarships through an SGO to help with tuition costs at local participating private schools. Graduated Lincoln Academy students attending both public schools and private Christian high schools.
Do Students Receive Scholarships/Sponsorships to Attend Lincoln Academy?
Currently, over 90% of Lincoln Academy students receive a scholarship through an SGO, which covers 70% of the costs for the student to attend. The remainder of the costs is funded through donations.
What Grades Does Little Linc and Lincoln Academy Serve?
The Little Linc is a preschool program for three and four-year-old’s. Lincoln Academy is a K-8th grade. Approximately 100 children are served through these programs.