Lincoln Village Preservation Corporation Statement of Faith
He is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
• “I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides me there is no God” (Isaiah 45:5)
• One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.” (Ephesians 4:6)
• God the Son: “But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.” (Hebrews 1:8)
• God the Spirit: “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” (John 4:26)
ABOUT JESUS CHRIST
Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God and was with the Father in the beginning. Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah, “the anointed one”); He became flesh and dwelt among men. He was born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, provided a perfect sacrifice, and was raised from the dead. Our salvation is through Him alone. He was sent to fully reveal to us who God is and to reconcile us to God.
• “The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.” (Colossians 1:15-20)
ABOUT HOLY SPIRIT
The Holy Spirit is the personal, powerful Presence of God throughout history. He draws us toward God to save us and dwells in us as our helper, intercessor, and guide. He continuously transforms us into increasing holiness as we daily yield our will to His.
• “And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit” (Ephesians 1:13)
• In the same way, the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words…(Romans 8:26)
• For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. (Romans 8:14)
• But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. (John 16:13)
• Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? (I Cor. 3:16)
ABOUT THE BIBLE
The Bible is the inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
• “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16)
• “Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.” (2 Peter 1:20-21)
ABOUT SANCTITY OF LIFE
God created man as both male and female in His image. The whole duty of man is to glorify God. Whereas we have all sinned and broken our relationship with God, we are reconciled to God by His grace through His Son. Human life has an inherently sacred attribute that should be protected and respected at all times.
• “For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.” (Psalm 139:13-16)
We believe the ultimate purpose of life is to know and glorify God and to attain eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Salvation is God’s gift of grace to us, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved from the penalty of our sin. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith.
• “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
• “But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.” (Titus 3:4-7)
• “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)
God does have a standard by which behavior and sexual activity may be measured and judged, approved or disapproved. God’s perfect plan for a man and a woman is to be found by going back to the very beginning in Genesis. Biblical marriage is between one man and one woman. Same-Sex unions are not recognized or endorsed in scripture.
• “The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” (Genesis 2:18)
• So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.” That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh. (Genesis 2:21-24)
• And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.” (Matthew 19:4-6)
This statement of faith applies to Lincoln Village Ministry staff and board of directors.